Junior Python Developer (Intern)
Strategic Dimensions is actively seeking a passionate Intern Python Developer to join our team and work on our Odoo projects. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands-on experience developing business solutions in Python and using the Odoo ERP system.
This position is both creative and rigorous by nature you need to think outside the box. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit. To be successful, you will have solid solving problem skills.
About Strategic Dimensions
Strategic Dimensions is an innovative business solutions company that specialises in ERP implementations. We believe in innovation, excellence, and providing opportunities for our employees to grow and succeed. As an intern, you will be part of a dedicated and supportive team focused on fostering learning and professional development.
Strategic Dimensions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is a paid internship position with potential for a full-time offer based on performance. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in South Africa
- Assist in designing, developing, and implementing software solutions using Python and Odoo.
- Debug and fix issues in existing Python code.
- Work collaboratively with other developers, business analysts, and project managers on project specifications and requirements.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality codebase.
- Aid in the development of system documentation and user guides.
- Assist with software testing and quality assurance.
- Recent graduate of a Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree program.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Python programming.
- Familiarity with Odoo ERP system or eagerness to learn it.
- Understanding of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL, is a plus.
- Ability to understand and work with existing codebase for improvements and enhancements.
- Good problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Odoo or other ERP systems is a plus.
- Additional languages
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
Discover our products.